Monday, February 29, 2016

070 - Not through control but through surrender

When the ruler announced his intention of visiting the monastery everyone was excited. Only the Master was his usual self.

The King was ushered into the presence of the Master; he bowed low in greeting and said, "It is my belief that you have attained to mystical perfection so I have come to ask about the essence of mystical."

"Why?" said the Master.

"It is my wish to inquire into the nature of being so as to be able to control my own being and that of my subjects and bring my nation into harmony."

"Good," said the Master, "but I must warn you that when you have gone far enough in your inquiry you will discover that the harmony you seek is achieved not through control but through surrender."



source: Stories from Here and There, Ekalavya Education Foundation - By: Sunil Handa http://www.eklavya.org/storyhere.html

No comments:

Post a Comment