Saturday, March 5, 2016

100 - Two "escape" stories !


A massively built woman strode into the registrar's office, slamming the door shut behind her.

"Did you or did you not issue this license for me to marry Jacob Jacobson?" she said, slamming the document on the table.

The registrar inspected the document closely through his thick glasses. "Yes, ma'am. I believe I did. Why?"

"Because," said the woman, "he has escaped. What are you going to do about it?"



A teacher of Eklavya school observed that one of the little boys in her class was pensive and withdrawn.

"What are you worried about?" she asked.

"My parents," he replied. "Papa works all day to keep me clothed and fed and sent to the best school in town. And he's working overtime to be able to send me to college. Mummy spends all day cooking and cleaning and ironing and shopping so I have nothing to worry about."'

"Why then, why are you worried?"

"I'm afraid they might try to escape."







source: Stories from Here and There, Ekalavya Education Foundation - By: Sunil Handa http://www.eklavya.org/storyhere.html

No comments:

Post a Comment