Monday, September 19, 2011

12785 - Bangalore Express

It was drizzling when I reached Kacheguda Rly Station yesterday evening. I dried my head with a napkin and checked the passenger chart on reaching my compartment S9.As my name was not there on the list, I checked the upgraded passenger list.  I had been upgraded to A/C compartment - B3, 55. 




Thanks to Indian Railways..!

 An interesting thing was that along with me one more person was upgraded. In excitement, he brought his parents with him. His berth was 56 - side upper. He requested, "My parents will get down at Gadwal. Could you please adjust till then?". 
"Sure", I responded. 

Of course, the TC has charged them with penalty. But, they did not mind it, i think. Train ride is much more comfortable then a bus journey.

I climbed up to his berth and was reading the latest book puchased by me, 'మీ సుప్తచేతనాత్మక మనసుకున్న శక్తి' -  this is a telugu translation of the international bestseller - 'The power of your subconcious mind'.

Once, the train reached Mahaboobnagar. I got down on the platform. In a train journey, I tend to get down from the train to get a feel of the station. These small stations are really clean and beautiful. Infact, you can feel their beauty even at night. 

On getting inside the train, I changed my book and started to read - captain Gopinath's - 'Simply Fly'. 

When I woke up we were at Yelahanka. It was morning. I wore my bag and stood at the door feeling the breeze on my face. I was hoping that the train would stop at Channasandra Station as it would cut down my travel time within Bangalore. It did stop.

Hence, I got down here with many others. Took a bus to 'Tin Factory' and then walked to my room enjoying the beautiful bengaluru morning..!


1 comment: