Tuesday, January 26, 2016

013 - Reality - one question and many answers

The perception of reality depends on the level of mind and thought frames of people. Let me illustrate.

1. Vyaasa to Charvaka - Charvaka! Have you ever thought from where you have come and to where you are going and what is the purpose of life?
Charvaka reacted - I have come from my uncle's place and I am going to market. To purchase fish is my purpose.

2. Narayana asked Suresh - Suresh! Have you thought over from where you have come and to where you are going and what is the purpose of life?
Suresh replied - I have come from my parents and I am going to the destiny of my life. Contributing more than what I receive is the purpose of my life.

3. Govindapada asked Shankara - Have you fully thought from where you ahve come and to where you are going and what is the purpose of life?
Shankara responded - I have come from completeness and I am going to completeness and experiencing completeness in every step of journey is the purpose of this life.

4. Buddha asked Mahakassapa - Have you deeply thought from where you have come and to where you are going and what is the purpose of life?
Mahakassapa answered - I have come from nothing and I am going to nothing and nothing is the purpose of life.

5. Ashtaavakra asked Janaka - Have you meditated about from where you have come and to where you are going and what is the purpose of life?
Janaka spoke - I have not come and I am not going. there is no purpose.

6. Krishna smiled and did not ask. Bhishma smiled and did not reply.

One truth perceived in many ways.

source: Stories from Here and There, Ekalavya Education Foundation - By: Sunil Handa http://www.eklavya.org/storyhere.html

No comments:

Post a Comment