Friday, February 26, 2016

044 - Donkey prices

Nasrudin always brought donkeys to sell in the weekly market. They were healthy, strong donkeys and he sold them at a very low price. As a result he sold all his donkeys and earned quite a bit of money.

One day a rich merchant who also sold donkeys at the market come up to him and asked, "How is this possible, Nasrudin? I sell my donkeys at a low price and make very little profit. I don't spend anything on feeding those donkeys because I can force farmers to give me free hay.

My slaves look after the donkeys and I don't pay them any money. But your prices are even lower than mine and yet you make a greater profit each time!"

"That's not very difficult,"  replied Nasrudin. "You see, you steal the food and the labour for your donkeys. I steal donkeys!"

source: Stories from Here and There, Ekalavya Education Foundation - By: Sunil Handa http://www.eklavya.org/storyhere.html

No comments:

Post a Comment