Sunday, August 7, 2016

122 - The psychiatrist

Nasrudin had a very strange problem. One day he visited a psychiatrist and told him of his problem. "Every night," he said, "when I go to bed, I feel that somebody is under it, trying to scare me away. then I get up and look underneath, but find nobody there. I then sleep under the bed. When I do this, I have the feeling that somebody is up on the bed. This goes on all night and I have to go up and down the bed all night long. This is driving me mad. Please do something to help me out, doctor."

The psychiatrist told Nasrudin that he could help him out. "All you have to do is," he said, "visit me twice a week for the next two years. Each visit will cost you 50 gold coins."

Nasrudin was a poor man and couldn't afford this much money He told the psychiatrist that he would think it over and let him know of his decision within a week.

A week later, Nasrudin telephoned the psychiatrist and said, "Don't worry doctor, I won't need your help anymore. My wife has cut off the legs of the bed on which I sleep and solved the problem !"

source: Stories from Here and There, Ekalavya Education Foundation - By: Sunil Handa http://www.eklavya.org/storyhere.html

No comments:

Post a Comment