Saturday, February 27, 2016

061 - Write on sand or stone

Two friends were travelling together. On the way they had a fight and one slapped the other one. The one who was slapped was hurt but without saying a word he wrote on the sand, "Today my best friend hurt me."

They continued their journey. Upon reaching a river they decided to have a bath in it. Accidentally the second one started drowning. The other friend (same who slapped) now saved him. This time the one who was saved wrote on stone, "My best friend saved my life today."

His friend was confused so he asked, "When I slapped you, you wrote on the sand but when I saved you, you wrote on the stone; why is it so?"

The friend replied, "When someone hurts you, write in the sand so that winds of forgiveness can erase it; but when someone does good, engrave it on stone so it stays forever."


source: Stories from Here and There, Ekalavya Education Foundation - By: Sunil Handa http://www.eklavya.org/storyhere.html

No comments:

Post a Comment