Tuesday, May 8, 2018

152 - A day to think

Hodja and his friend, Abdul, once decided to bet on a cricket match.

"Turkey's winning this time," said Abdul.

"No," said Hodja. "It's Iran."

And when Turkey won, Hodja lost the bet.

"What do you want me to give you as a reward?" asked Hodja.

"Well, let me think it over, " said Abdul. "Give me a day to make up my mind."

The next day, Abdul said, "I've decided that you give me a strong and healthy horse."

"A strong and healthy horse?" said Hodja, astonished.

"Yes," said Abdul. "Because you owe it to me. Have you forgotten the bet we made yesterday?"

"But, that is over," said Hodja. "You said, you wanted a day to think it over and I have already given it to you, haven't I?"

source: Stories from Here and There, Ekalavya Education Foundation - By: Sunil Handa http://www.eklavya.org/storyhere.html

No comments:

Post a Comment