Saturday, May 12, 2018

153 - Hodja pays nothing

Once Hodja went to Ali's shop to buy some fruits. They knew each other well and Ali wanted to play a joke on Hodja.

"How much for these bananas?", asked Hodja.

"Nothing!" replied Ali. "You can take as many as you want."

"It is amazing!" said Hodja. "Let me have a dozen, then."

The bananas were given to Hodja and he ate them all as he was hungry. When Hodja was leaving the shop, Ali asked him for the money. "But, you said they cost nothing," said Hodja.

"Yes," said Ali. "I told you they would cost nothing. But you have to pay me that nothing."

"Okay," said Hodja. "But first you will have to tell me what is in my bag."

"In your bag? Nothing!" replied Ali.

"Okay then, take it. That's the payment for your bananas."

Ali who decided to play a prank on Hodja, was fooled himself.

source: Stories from Here and There, Ekalavya Education Foundation - By: Sunil Handa http://www.eklavya.org/storyhere.html

No comments:

Post a Comment